Saturday, April 10, 2010

come plAy!


CHALLENGE!

Time for PLAY!

I've been thinking about
PORTRAITS....

Have you seen Katherine Roumanoff's portraits?
really really fun...and inspiring!

Kathy's Header has a quilt she did in Self portraits, here
her post about this project here


I've Never done a portrait in fabric...

Want to experiment along with me?
style wise, Anything goes

Let's do a portrait of ourselves in fabric,
16" X 20"
and have a little showcase of them all...

This is a new experience for me,
let's try something NEW together!!

Leave me a comment if you want to play along...
if enough wanna play,
perhaps I put up a little blog
where we can all show our process and learn from each other...
if you want to contribute a tutorial of a portrait you have done, let me know
would love some guests bloggers on this topic...

I will post about the progress of mine.

Have you done a portrait in fabric?
send me a link...



Kathy York has a cute one on her blog here

Nellie has a fun one here


8 comments:

Kim said...

Okay this looks really fun! and there is Trudi too......

Now how do we start?

Happy sewing

Victoria Findlay Wolfe said...

stay tuned... Working on that....
;-)

Anne at Film and Thread said...

Okay, I'm signed in now and have my preliminary sketch done. This is going to be fun!

WoolenSails said...

I have to decide on a photo that will work with this. I will probably use photoshop and play with the photo. I use a projector to enlarge designs and it is also a great way to make things more simplistic and primitive.

Debbie

Vicki @ DottyJane said...

I found I could posterize a photo in Corel, so that may be helpful. I'm looking forward to this!

Quilt Rat said...

I did one a while back, you can find it at...
http://thequiltrat.blogspot.com/search/label/self%20portrait

I wanted to see how close I could get without using anything but fabric and thread. I hope to try this again sometime and take it a little further

Unknown said...

I would love to play too...I do pet portraits mostly, but I have done people too....this sounds like fun! Melinda

MaksiTaksi said...

Great job! I became your follower too.

Take care